Simple Business Invoicing & Inventory Release History
Version 1.00 - Initial Release
- Improved speed on searching for Customers, Products, etc. on pick lists.
- Modified Tab order on ProdDef screen
- Improved Multi-User Performance
- Corrected Customer/Group Numbering after a Customer or Group has been deleted.
- Modified to allow data entry using non-USA International settings from the Windows Control Panel
- Implementation of faster data engine to improve reporting speed.
- Modified to allow running reports for prior century after Year 2000.
- Verified Year 2000 Compliance
- Correct customer group delete procedure.
- Cosmetic changes.
- Corrected default report dates for reports created in December.
- Eliminated blank lines on invoices printed from the invoice edit screen.
- Replace database driver for added protection against data corruption..
- Install improved database driver when installed on NT systems.
- Improve Backup/Restore operation when multiple disks are needed.
- Modify computation of taxes when 2 taxes are automatically applied.
Version 188.8.131.52 12/05/00
- Added ability to apply a discount percentage and computed discount amount individual invoices.
- Added ability to send invoices, bills and statements to customers via smtp email.
- Added ability to draft and send simple newsletters and announcements to selected groups of customers via smtp email.
Version 184.108.40.206 12/07/00
- Added documentation for conversion of data from SBII Version 1.xx
- Vastly improved speed of data conversion utility.
Version 220.127.116.11 01/24/01
- Corrected very rare instance of email misaddressing when emailing individual invoices.
Version 18.104.22.168 02/27/01
- Added ability to print packing lists.
- Added ability to import customers and product definitions from a delimited text file (i.e., *.csv, *.cgi, etc.).
Version 22.214.171.124 03/21/01
- Add a printer reset before printing reports to correct a problem with reports not printing on some printers.
Version 126.96.36.199 04/17/01
- Modify invoice discount field to provide compatibility with regional settings that use a comma as a decimal separator
Version 188.8.131.52 06/12/02
- Added Sales by Department Report which summarizes sales totals for each department.
- Modified invoice output so that the Shipping and Sales Tax lines do not print when the amounts are zero.
Version 184.108.40.206 07/25/02
- Modified inventory reporting system to allow for negative purchases of inventory. This allows for occurrences of inventory being converted to personal use, transfers of inventory or write downs of unusable inventory.
Version 2.1.39- 02/03/03
- Modified program to allow data backup and restore operations using CD-RW media on a CD-RW Drive with DirectCD access.
Version 2.1.40- 04/09/04
- Increased font sizes on data entry screens.
Version 2.1.40- 06/30/04
- Enabled emailing of invoices for servers requiring password authentication by launching the windows default email program.
Simple Business Invoicing and Inventory
Version 3.1.0 - 12/14/05 - Initial release
Version 3 adds an often requested capability to produce quotes and estimates.
- Version 3 adds separate billing and shipping addresses to invoices. The last name field has been expanded to allow it to be used for company names making sorts and selection easier.
- OWL Software and X-Charge have partnered to bring you low cost, credit card processing that can be accomplished directly from within Simple Business Invoicing and Inventory. You'll save time and money because you won't have to retype information into separate credit card software or buy a separate credit card terminal. And best of all, X-Charge is Free!
- Invoice titles are now user defined as is the title on printed estimates (e.g., "Price Quote", "Estimate", etc.).
- Version 3 Offers a new, cleaner interface.
Version 3.1.3- 01/16/06
- Corrected sales tax computation when a discount is applied.
Version 3.1.4 - 06/22/06
- New setup process for installations.
Version 3.1.6 - 06/19/08
- Corrected statements so that all invoices for a selected buyer are shown.
Version 3.1.7 - 06/30/08
- Corrected Invoice by Date report selection from reports panel.
Version 3.1.8 - 07/22/08
- Corrected customer statements report for errors in charges column.
Version 3.2.1 - 07/30/09
- Updated to comply with new Visa / Mastercard security requirements and new integration method with X-Charge merchant processing software. Requires X-Charge software version 7. Contact X-Charge for more information on including credit card processing in Simple Business Invoicing and Inventory.
- Replaced old help system with a PDF User's Guide.
Version 3.3.1 - 01/25/11
- Updated to comply with new Mastercard requirement to process partial approvals. Requires X-Charge software version 7.1 SP 3 or later. Contact X-Charge for more information on including credit card processing in Simple Business Invoicing and Inventory.
Version 3.3.1 - 01/28/11
- Updated to print the amount of each credit card approval on the invoice . Requires X-Charge software version 7.1 SP 3 or later. Contact X-Charge for more information on including credit card processing in Simple Business Invoicing and Inventory.
Back To SBII Page